Do you want to have smooth, soft and kissable lips fast? Get more as we explore on how to get soft lips instantly using different home remedies and treatments. You will also learn how to have soft lips without using chapsticks.
How to Get Soft Lips Overnight Fast
Do you want to get soft and smooth lips fast? Soft, smooth and kissable lips is something that everybody would wish to have. There are various ways you can use to make your lips soft instantly. They include the following:
- Apply petroleum jelly
Applying petroleum jelly like Vaseline helps to moisturize your lips within a shortest time possible. It restores dry or chapped lips making them to appear soft and smooth. Wake up with soft lips in the morning by applying Vaseline before going to bed. You can also apply a thin layer during the day to get the best results.
- Wear a moisturizing lipstick or gloss
When shopping for lipstick or gloss, go for the brand that contains moisturizing agents. Check for moisturizing ingredients like honey, coconut oil, coco butter and jojoba oil among other ingredients. The common moisturizers that works best as lip balm includes; Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Jouer, Laura Mercier, Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter or Nars Satin Lipstick among others.
- Avoid lip care products containing fragrance, flavors or dye
Wearing lip care products and makeup like lipstick, gloss, balm or moisturizers that contain fragrance, flavor or dye can cause irritation that can result to dryness due to an allergic reaction. Avoid such products especially if you are having a sensitive skin or lips.
- Use a moisturizing lip balm daily
Moisturizing lip balm containing ingredients like Shea and coco butter among others that are effective on how to get soft lips overnight. They penetrate your lips to restore the damaged tissues. Before applying any other lip care products or makeup in the morning, cover your lips with a layer of lip balm.
Consider using medicated moisturizers when having excessive dry lips. However, you should be able to read the label and understand. Avoid moisturizers that contain harmful chemicals that can cause irritation to your lips.
- Apply lip care products containing at least SPF 15 when going outdoor
Ensure to apply a lip balm or other products that contain sunscreen before going out especially after exfoliating your lips. They help to prevent damage of the lips and other risk like canker as well as keeping them smooth and soft.
The common lip care product containing sunscreen includes; Fresh sugar lip treatment SPF 15, EOS Lemon Drop Smooth Sphere Lip Balm 15 with contains Shea butter and jojoba oil, Maybelline Baby Lip Moisturizing Lip Balm SPF 20 among others are effective on how to get soft lips.
- Avoid licking your lips
Many people have a habit of licking their lips without knowing that it causes dryness. Instead of liking your lips, apply a moisturizer to keep them soft and smooth. Saliva does not cause hydration, instead it causes excessive dryness.
- Drink plenty of water
Water plays a very important role of hydrating your body. When dehydrated, the lips will be the first thing to show. They will become dry or cracked. You should drink at least eight glasses of water or more a day. The amount of water you take per day depends with your environment, the type of activity you are doing and much more.
- Exfoliate your lips regularly
Exfoliating your lips helps to get rid of dead skin cells of your lips making them to appear soft and smooth. Some of the ingredients we use in our kitchen like honey, sugar, salt and olive oil among others can be used to make a scrub for lip exfoliation
How to Make your Lips Soft
Do you want to have soft and smooth lips? Then don’t miss to follow any of the following tips:
- Moisture is important when intending to have soft and smooth lips. Don’t miss to apply a lip balm or natural moisturizers like coco butter, coconut oil, olive oil or vitamin E oil.
- Avoid the habit of licking your lips as it causes them to become drier once the saliva evaporates.
- Don’t eat acidic, salty or spicy foods and beverages especially when your lips are damaged. Some of the foods to avoid includes citrus fruit juice, nuts or hot wings.
- Exfoliation is also important on how to get soft lips fast. It helps to get rid of dead cells and other impurities that causes flaky lip skin.
- Avoid toothpaste and lip care products containing synthetic flavors, fragrance or harsh chemicals. They may trigger an allergic reaction that causes irritation.
- Protect them from excessive exposure from the sun. Sun is the major cause of chapped lips, ensure your lip care products contains sunscreen or wear a hat when going outdoors on a sunny day.
- Use natural remedies like honey, lemon juice, milk cream, aloe Vera, Shea butter or cocoa on your lips to make them soft.
- Keep your body hydrated by taking plenty of water. Take at least eight glasses of water a day.
- Avoid picking off flakes of dead skin from your damaged lips. Instead you should moisturize such lips with natural oil or a lip balm.
- Visit your doctor for treatment when have extreme dryness or cracked lips for treatment in case of an infection.
How to Get Soft Lips for Guys
Chapped lips is a problem that affects both men and women. Most of the men have dry and flaky lips since they are more exposed to factors that triggers this condition like excessive sun exposure, environmental pollutants and from some habits like smoking.
For the guys, you can get smooth and soft lips by making simple changes to your lifestyle like drinking more water. Water plays a very important role in hydrating your body including the lips. Keep a bottle of fluids at hand all the time especially during a dry or sunny weather.
Exfoliation is also another simple thing you can do to have soft lips. After brushing your teeth, you can also spare some few minutes to brush your lips too. It helps to get rid of dead cells and other impurities that causes dark pigmentation on your lips. Remember to use a soft bristle brush.
Applying a lip balm or natural moisturizers to keep your lips moist. Avoid using lip balm or other lip care product that contains hash chemicals, flavors or fragrance as they may cause an allergic reaction that can lead to irritation.
How to Get Soft Lips Home Remedies
Why should you have chapped, cracked, flaky or dry lips that are unattractive and yet you can use some of the common ingredients found in your kitchen to soften them?
Although there are various commercial products you can use to soften your lips, they may be expensive or has side effects when used for a long time. Therefore, you can use the following home remedies to get soft and smooth lips without spending a lot of money.
- Use sugar, honey and olive oil scrub
This treatment is among the effective homemade remedies for soft lips. It helps to exfoliate the dead skin cells that makes your lips dry or chapped. This makes your lips to appear pink, soft and smooth within a short period of time. To use this remedy, use the procedure below:
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of sugar and ½ teaspoon of olive oil together and mix well.
- Apply the paste on your lips and allow it to sit for 15 minutes.
- Use your finger to scrub the paste over the lips gently.
- Rinse it with cold water, pat them dry and apply a moisturizing lip balm.
- Repeat this remedy twice a week until you obtain the best results.
- lemon juice and honey to get soft and smooth lips
Lemon juice has a lightening properties that helps to remove any pigmentation on the lips making them to appear pink. On the other hand, honey helps to moisturize and keeps the lips soft. A combination of this two ingredients is effective on how to remove blackness from lips as well as keeping them soft and smooth.
- Simply add 1 tablespoon of honey and ½ tablespoon of lemon juice and mix well.
- Apply the mixture on your lips and allow it to sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off using a cold water and apply a moisturizing balm.
- Repeat this treatment daily until when your lips becomes smooth, soft and lightened.
- How to get soft lips using tooth brush
Scrubbing the external part of your lips with a tooth brush helps to remove flaky dead skin cells to reveal the soft and smooth tissues. To get the results faster, you can use the tooth brush to apply some of the lip scrub for a vigorous exfoliation.
- Using a shallow bowl, soak your lips in warm water for 5 minutes.
- Use a soft bristle brush to brush your lips gently.
- For best results, do this 1-2 times a week
- Use aloe Vera gel
Aloe Vera gel has moisturizing and soothing properties that helps to restore chapped, irritated or cracked lips fast. It repairs damaged skin by stimulating the growth of new cells. This treatments works best for lips damaged by the sun and other factors.
- Pluck an aloe Vera leaf and extract enough gel from it.
- Apply the gel on your lips just the same way as you would use a lip moisturizer or balm.
- Store the remaining gel in a refrigerator for use on the other days.
- Baking soda for soft lips
Baking soda contains tiny particles that are effective in exfoliating your lips. This helps to get rid of dead skin cells to expose a soft and smooth surface. You simply use the procedure below to apply this remedy:
- Add 1 tablespoon of baking soda with few drops of water to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on your lips and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse your lips with cold water and apply a moisturizing lip balm.
- Repeat this treatment 1-2 times a week until you obtain the best results.
- How to get soft lips using cucumber slices
Cucumber contains phytochemical that helps in tightening the collagen in your lips. They also helps hydration and making your lips to have a plump appearance.
- Cut a fresh cucumber into slices.
- Rub your lips with the cucumber slices for 5 minutes
- Repeat this treatment daily until your lips becomes soft and smooth.
- Coriander treatment for dark lips
The use of coriander helps in lightening your lips and keeping them soft by reducing the pigmentation. This ingredient contains compound umbelliferone that plays a very big role is reducing the dark pigment. Regular use of this ingredients helps to make your lips appear pink and healthy.
- Crush 4 leaves of coriander to make a paste.
- Apply the paste directly to your lips and leave it for ½ an hour.
- Rinse your lips using cold water and apply a moisturizer.
- Repeat this treatment daily for best results.
- Glycerin and lemon lip treatment
Glycerin can be used as a lip balm in moisturizing your lips while lemon helps lightening as it reduces the pigmentation. When this two remedies are mixed, it make an effective treatment that keeps the lips moist, lightened, smooth and soft.
- Mix glycerin and fresh lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture on your lips and leave it overnight.
- Use daily for best results.
- How to get soft lips using milk cream or butter
Milk cream or butter are great moisturizers. The help to restore dry, flaky or cracked skin that is damaged by the sun or lip licking. This remedy works best when applied in the evening before going to bed for an overnight.
- Apply milk cream or butter to your lips.
- Leave it for an overnight.
- Rinse the following morning and apply your normal lip balm.
- Use coconut oil or almond
These natural oil helps to keep your lip moist all the day. They also helps to repair damaged lip tissues as a result of over-exposure to the sun. They are both moisturizing and softening agents that keeps your lips moist, softened and smooth.
- Apply these natural oil on your lips three times a day
- Use this treatment daily until you obtain soft and moist lips.
How to get soft Lips without ChapStick
Chapped lips may result from various factors given that they are extremely sensitive. Exposing your lips to excessive sun, dehydration, environmental pollutants, taking too much caffeine and smoking tobacco can result to dry and flaky lips.
To soften your chapped lips, you don’t have to use Chap Stick multiple times a day. You only need to avoid using lip care products that contains chemicals, fragrance or flavor and stick to natural products that does not cause irritation to your lips.
In the first place, you have to prevent them from becoming dry excessively. This includes taking plenty of fluids to keep your body hydrated. Take at least eight glasses of water a day and avoid the habit of licking your lips. When you pass your tongue across the dry lips, it leaves there saliva that evaporates leaving them much drier.
Secondly, it is important to keep your lip moisturized. There are a variety of natural oil or moisturizers you can use. Some of them includes olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil, coco butter, canola oil and vitamin E oil among others that are effective on how to get soft lips.
Apply the moisturizer at least three times a day especially when the weather is dry or cold. To wake up with soft lips, apply a thin layer of this natural moisturizers before going to bed. Aloe Vera gel is also an effective remedy on how to get rid of chapped lips without chapstick.
Making a natural exfoliator can also work best for chapped lips. This can be done while at home by mixing equal amount of coconut oil and sugar to make a scrub. Stir well this two ingredients to mix and apply on your lips. Massage it gently over your lips using your fingers and rinse it off with cold water. Apply a moisturizer to prevent dryness.
How to Get Soft Lips Naturally
There are several ways you can use to get soft lips naturally without using products that contains chemical. Although most of the chemical lip products are effective but they are expensive and may have some side effects on the lips. Therefore, here are some of the natural tips you can use to obtain soft lips, they include the following:
- Exfoliation to get soft lips
Exfoliation is among the best natural ways you can use to obtain soft and smooth lips. Some of the natural products you use to exfoliate your face at home can also be used on your lips to get rid of dead skin cells that makes your lips to appear flaky and dry.
Apart from eliminating the dead cells, exfoliation also helps to remove impurities as well as lightening dark lips. It improves the blood circulation around your lips which makes them to appear moist, smooth and softer. Exfoliation can be done either by brushing your lips with a soft bristle tooth brush or using a naturally homemade scrub.
Some of the common ingredients you can use to make a natural scrub includes sugar and lemon juice, a mixture of baking soda and water, honey, sugar and olive oil among other ingredients. When exfoliating your lips, it is recommended not to overdo it as it can cause irritation or your lips can become hypersensitive to sunrays.
- Keep your lips moisturized
Do you want to get to get soft and kissable lips fast? Then you have to keep them moisturized all the time. Moisturizing your lips especially after exfoliations helps to keep them hydrated and prevents the damage that results from dehydration.
There are various natural moisturizers that are effective on how to get soft lips fast. Some of them includes honey, aloe Vera gel, milk cream, Shea butter and many more. Opt for such products when trying to smoothen your lips.
Chemical products found in the market like flavored or fragrance lip balm can cause an allergic reaction. This is the main reason why many people opt for natural moisturizers especially during the summer time. Moisturize your lips twice a day and once in the evening before going to bed.
- Avoid habits that may damage your lips
There are various habits that may be causing your lips to become flaky, dry or chapped. Some people have a habits of licking their lips with their tongue, lip biting and touching them with dirty hand. You may be thinking that licking lips make them hydrated. The truth is that, this habit causes your lips to become hydrated and dry.
Lip biting can also cause your lips to become cracked to damage. Touching a damaged lip with dirty hands can lead to an infection that can lead to other symptoms like swelling, inflammation or hypersensitive to touch.
- How to get soft lips by protecting them from the sun
Spending a lot of time outdoors during the summer season can damage your lips. It is important to protect your lips from the sun when intending to spend a lot of time outdoors. Wear a hat that will protect your face and lips against the harmful ultra violet rays from the sun.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables to get soft and smooth lips
Fruits and vegetables contains vitamin B and C that are essential for healthy development of your skin. Ensure that your diet has plenty of fruits and vegetables. When having excessively dry skin, make an appointment with your doctor to find out if your body has deficiency of vitamins and minerals. You may be required to take vitamin supplements to boost its level in your body.