Is there a cure for bad breath? What is the best thing for bad breath? Why does my breath smell so bad? How do you get rid of bad breath? Bad breath cures help to get rid of bad odor from the mouth. Gets more insight on how to permanently remove bad odor from the mouth using natural remedies or artificial means.
How To Cure Bad Breath Permanently
The following are ways on how to get rid of Halitosis:
- Brush Daily
It is recommended to do daily brushing in life to help get rid of bad smell or odor from the mouth. Once an individual adopts this habit, the bad breath will diminish. Also, identify the best brush that can clean all the corners of the mouth and teeth effectively. The daily cleaning makes the mouth germ free.
- Clean the Mouth Regularly
Brushing the teeth and washing the mouth should be a habit on a daily basis but this is not the case since the mouth is susceptible to germs. Therefore, it is recommended to maintain top hygiene of the mouth at every time of the day. Also, the mouth should be clean through to prevent tongue and teeth infections.
- Gargle water in the mouth
Gargling water in the mouth is the best method to keep germs away from the mouth. The technique also helps to keep away from the sore throat infection. Gargle salty warm water on a daily basis to kill the germs causing bad odor or breath.
- Use Lemon
Having or drinking fresh lemon juice helps to get rid of bad breath from the mouth permanently. This one of the best and strong natural remedy recommended by medical professional since it is said to be effective. It is used during brushing of the teeth or also when one wishes to gargle it. It is known to remove the bad odor and instill a pleasant smell.
- Moisturized to Get Rid of Bad Breath
Maintain high level of miniaturization in the mouth since moisturize gives the mouth a soothing and liquid effect. The germs are kept away through this method. The germs will not get stuck on the lining of the mouth since the mucus has a certain chemical the helps to get rid of them.
- Suitable Chewing Gum
The specialist recommends the use of sugarless chewing gum since this type of gums makes the mouth fresh free from bad odor. These gums are usually manufactured in different flavors and are available all over depending on someone’s choice and preference.
- Banana to Get Rid of Bad Breath
Eating more of banana fruits gives a person a great effect for the removal of the bad breaths. Bananas are some of the natural remedies since they have the ability to remove the germs from the mouth, which can cause the bad breath. It is recommended to eat bananas daily and it is healthy too.
- Drink Plenty of Water
Intake of plenty of water helps to maintain high level of hydration in the body and this can also help in moisturization of the mouth. The water makes the mouth glands active and in the process make them energized to fight germs and bacteria which can result in the infection with the help of the immune system of the body.
- Clean the Tongue to Get Rid of Bad Breath
Poor oral hygiene can result in the spreading of the diseases in the mouth that can result in bad breaths. Therefore, it is recommended to observe proper oral hygiene like cleaning of the tongue since it is susceptible to be attack by bacteria resulting into bad odor.
- Avoid Foods that Can Cause Bad Breath
It is also recommended to stay away from potent foods that can result in bad smell from the mouth. There are numerous foods such as garlics and onions that enters the bloodstream causing the condition since they contain Sulphur compounds.
- Chew Some Cloves
The recent research recommends people suffering from halitosis should chew a handful of cloves or fennel seed. These seeds have antiseptic properties that keep the mouth smelling fresh and good.
- Go to a Doctor to Get Rid of Bad Breath
In case all the home base remedies fail to work effectively, it is recommended to consult a professional medical specialist to help get rid of the situation permanently. There are many antibiotics which cure the affected part in the body.
How To Cure Bad Breath Coming From Stomach
Bad odor from the mouth is usually caused by the breakdown of food. Poor breakdown of the food from the stomach could result in the condition. Other common causes of the condition are poor dental hygiene, dry mouth, disease, infection, tobacco use and severe dieting.
The following are the common culprits when dealing with bad smell from the stomach issues:
- GERD or reflux
There are certain foods when a person eat them may result into heartburn or reflux after eating and in the process the research shows that the bad breath could be related to the excess acid produced by the digestive tract. The foods are said to have a sour odor property that makes those gaseous smells affecting the smell.
- Kidney disease
According to the U.S. National Library of Medicine, the bad smell that is associated with smell fishy or has a heavy ammonia-like smell can sometimes be a sign of chronic kidney disease.
The condition of bad smell from the mouth is usually due to the common H.pylori bacteria. The bacteria is said to contribute to stomach ulcers and can result in emission of a sulfuric odor.
Therefore it recommended adopting the following measures in order to combat the formation of bad smell or odor in the mouth coming from the stomach;
- Avoid triggers such as spicy food, dairy, stress, or other triggers seem to make the bad breath worse.
- Chewing on sugar-free gum to help banish bad breath and this is according to the research done by American Dental Association.
- Keep a healthy mouth
- Consider a probiotic
How To Cure Bad Breath Fast
The following are remedies on how to get rid of bad breath fast while keeping the teeth and mouth healthy. The remedies include:
- Brush and floss more often
Food particles can get trap between the teeth and accumulate bacteria which could result into bad smell or odor during breakdown of the food particles. Therefore, brushing of the teeth and flossing of the mouth on a regular basis helps to get rid of the smell from the mouth.
- Rinse the mouth out
Mouth washing helps to get rid of the bacteria that get stuck on the tongue and other parts of the mouth. Having a fresh minty taste makes someone to feel good. This is because the mouthwash helps to kill the bacteria causing the smell.
- Scrape the tongue
There is a certain coat the forms on the tongue after eating certain foods and this could result into a breeding ground for bacteria. Therefore, it is recommended to brush the tongue using a toothbrush to help remove the coat.
- Avoid foods that sour the teeth
Eating foods that have Sulphur compounds such as garlic and onions can result in bad odor since once they enter into the bloodstream and travel to the lungs makes the breath to be bad when it comes out. Brushing will not help but it is recommended to stop using these ingredients.
- Kick the tobacco habit
Individual who have the habit of smoking tobacco are not only susceptible to cancer but also decay of teeth and bad breath. The use of over-the-counter nicotine patches can help tame the urge.
- Skip after-dinner mints and chew gum instead
The presence of sugar in the mouth creates an atmosphere for bacteria to thrive, and it makes the acid which wears down the teeth and appearance of bad breath. Chew sugarless gum instead.
- Keep the gums healthy
Unhealthy gums would result in gum diseases which causes bad breath in the mouth. The bad odor commence since the bacteria gather in pockets at the base of teeth. It is recommended to consult a dentist in case a person has gum disease.
- Moisten the mouth
If the mouth does not make adequate saliva, there is a probability of getting tooth decay and bad breath. Therefore, it is recommended to take adequate water for if the mouth is dry. Chew sugarless gum or suck on sugar-free hard candy.
- Consult a dentist
Make an effort to have an appointment with the doctor in case the efforts one make using the natural remedies and measures do not bear fruits.
Bad Breath Mouthwash
The effectiveness of the mouthwash depends on its ingredients. There some ingredients that produce a fresh scent, others penetrate deeper to eliminate the germs causing the smell. The two factors help to identify the best mouthwash for the bad smell from the mouth.
- Therapeutic or Cosmetic Mouthwashes
Cosmetic type of mouthwash helps to mask the bad smell but do not cure the condition since this type of mouthwash only adds a fresh fragrance that won’t kill the bacteria causing the bad breath in the first place.
Therapeutic mouthwashes contain chemicals that kill odorous bacteria and offer other oral benefits such as fighting plaque in the mouth or even whitening teeth.
- Alcohol in Mouthwash
Consider the use mouthwash that contains alcohol so that it can help to destroy the bacteria causing the condition. Therefore, it is recommended to consider mouthwash that contains ingredients that target germs and keep the mouth healthy beyond smell.
The most common ingredients found in the mouthwash include:
- Antibacterial Agents
Top 10 Best Mouthwash for Bad Breath Reviews of 2018
Most of these mouthwash products are found on Amazon. They include:
- Therabreath dentist formulated fresh breath oral rinse
- 16Oz Oral Essentials Mouthwash
- Crest 3D White Luxe Glamorous Multi-Care Whitening Mouthwash
- Colgate Total Advanced Pro-Shield Mouthwash
- Arenander’s BrainGain Formulas – Healthy Teeth & Gum MOUTHWASH
- TheraBreath Sugar-Free Dentist Formulated Dry Mouth Lozenges
- Dental Duty Oral Hygiene Kit
- OraRestore All Natural Gum and Breath Treatment by Great Oral Health
- The Natural Dentist Healthy Gums Antigingivitis Mouthwash
- SmartMouth Alcohol-Free Mouthwash
Bad Breath Remedy Baking Soda
Baking soda is used to cure halitosis, a teeth infection and gingivitis, and gum disease. Baking soda also helps to heal mouth ulcers and sores. It also has properties of neutralizing the acidity in the mouth and also helps to kill the bacteria causing bad breath.
Here are some of ways on how to use baking soda to curb bad breath:
- Baking Soda as Mouth Rinse
It is said to be an excellent mouthwash that helps to kill bacteria causing the bad odor from the mouth so that a person can breathe fresh.
What to do
- Add 1 teaspoon of powder in a cup of warm water
- Mix it well so that the powder completely dissolves in the water
- Gargle with the water for at least 2 minutes.
- Baking Soda with Sea Salt
It is recommended to have more potent gargling solution to remove bad breath as compared to the baking soda alone.
What to do
- Take half a teaspoon of baking soda and half a teaspoon sea salt.
- Pour them in a glass of warm water and mix it well until the ingredients are completely dissolve in the water
- Take a sip and gargle 6 to 8 times for15 seconds each.
- Baking Soda with Toothpaste
Add a small amount of baking soda on the toothpaste then brush the teeth on a daily basis. The mixture helps to whiten the teeth and even destroy the bacteria causing the bad odor and decay of the teeth.
What to do
- Mix 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda to the usual amount of toothpaste you generally take for brushing to make a thick paste
- Take this paste on your brush and brush your teeth.
- Baking Soda with Coconut oil
Use virgin coconut oil which is antibacterial and antiseptic. This toothpaste is very effective toothpaste in getting rid of the germs from the teeth and also helps to whiten teeth without damaging the enamel.
What to do
- Take one teaspoon of baking soda in a crucible
- Add coconut oil drop by drop and mix it to make a thick paste you may require less than half teaspoon of coconut oil to make this paste
- Brush your teeth with this paste
- Baking Soda with Peppermint Oil
The blend gives the mouth fresh breath.
What to do
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda powder into an empty glass
- Add 3 drops of essential peppermint oil
- Immediately add water to fill up the glass and mix well.
- Gargle with water for 2 minutes.
- Baking Soda with Lemon
Lemon contains citric acid that chemically reacts with baking soda to make an alkaline solution that will help to get rid of the bad breath.
What to do
- Add one teaspoon of baking soda powder in an empty glass
- Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and mix it well.
- Fill the glass with warm water
- Gargle with water for 2 minutes until the entire water is used.
- You can do this procedure two to three times a day to get the best results.
- Baking Soda with Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is mildly acidic it does not adversely impact on the teeth. It also helps to neutralize the pH.
What to do
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda powder a glass of warm water
- Add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and mix it well
- Gargle with a prepared solution for 2 minutes until the entire solution is finished
- Do it two to three times a day.
Bad Breath Cures That Work
According to the research, there is no long-term, one-size-fits-all solution to fixing bad breath. Since halitosis is caused due to different reasons, the fixes are all temporary and need to be repeated to combat halitosis.
The common temporal remedy includes:
- Drink Water Regularly to moisten the mouth
- Use Tongue Scrapers to remove bacteria causing the bad breath.
- Brush and Floss
- Don’t Rely on Mints
Chronic Bad Breath Even After Brushing
Individuals with chronic bad breath are usually due to the following reasons:
- Poor habit of cleaning the mouth after eating
- Individual with the habit of smoking
- Tooth Decay or Gum Disease
- People prone to dry mouth
- Underlying Health Problem such as certain illnesses such as gallbladder dysfunction, liver disease, and diabetes and sinus infections. Some allergies can also cause the mouth to give off a foul scent.
How to Avoid Bad Breath While Kissing
There is any person on this earth who like kissing bad breath, therefore before going out for a date or kissing your partner, it is recommended to adopt the following measures to avoid an embarrassment.
Some of the measures include:
- Brushing teeth and tongue twice every day
- Get regular check-ups at the dentist
- Avoid food that causes bad breath
- Floss daily
- Use an antibacterial mouthwash
- Drink lots of water
- Cut down on sugar
- Eat more raw fruit and vegetables
Home Remedies for Bad Breath in Adults
The remedies include:
It is said to be highly effective when bad breath is caused by catarrhal infections.
- Boil a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in a cup of water.
- Strain and drink this tea once daily until you get rid of the problem.
It helps freshen your breath and also have antibacterial properties that are very helpful in getting rid of bad breath. The easiest method is to pop a few pieces of cloves into your mouth and chew them thoroughly. This will eliminate bad breath in a few minutes.
It contains chlorophyll that can help neutralize bad breath. Simply chew on a fresh parsley sprig to refresh your breath. You can also dip this herb in vinegar and then chew it thoroughly.
- Lemon Juice
Curing bad breath with a lemon rinse has been used for generations. The acidic content in lemons prevents growth of bacteria in your mouth. Plus, its strong pleasant smell helps mask the bad odor.
It contains cinnamic aldehyde, an essential oil that not only covers up bad breath, but also reduces the amount of bacteria in the mouth.
- Boil one teaspoon of cinnamon powder in a cup of water.
- You may add some bay leaves and cardamom too.
- Strain the solution and use it as a mouth rinse to refresh your breath.
- How to Get Rid of Bad Breath Permanently? http://lethow.com/home-remedies/get-rid-of-bad-breath-permanently/
- Bad Breath From Stomach? What It Means And How To Deal: http://www.colgate.com/en/us/oc/oral-health/conditions/bad-breath/article/bad-breath-from-stomach-what-it-means-and-how-to-deal-0816
- What You Can Do About Bad Breath: http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/features/get-rid-bad-breath#2
- How to use Baking Soda for Bad Breath: http://www.homeremediesforall.com/how/how-to-use-baking-soda-for-bad-breath.html