What causes red spot on breast? Get insights on reasons for itchy, brown, dark and painful spots on your breasts, symptoms, how to get rid of them.
What Causes Red Spot on Breast?
Red spots on breast is sometimes a sign of breast infection that occurs within the breast tissue causing swelling, lumps and pain. Spot on breast can be seen or can be felt on the skin of the breast or just beneath it. They can be itchy, burning and painful majorly among women. This condition is caused by the following:
- Breast abscess
This is a complication that occurs among women who are breastfeeding and it is as a result of accumulation of pus within the breast tissue causing the outer skin to appear raised or a red spot on breast that is too painful and sometimes tender when pressing the red spot on the breast.
It occurs when the body tries to isolate an infection, killing microbes and then cleans up the spot that has been invaded. The symptoms are similar to that of mastitis such as; Pain and tenderness, a palpable lump, fever and redness. The breast abscess is grouped into:
- Lactational infections
It majorly occurs among women who are breastfeeding the young ones and it is caused by accumulation of excess milk. When the accumulated milk causes inflammation in the breast which allows the bacterial known as staphylococci aureus to grow, it leads to the infection.
- Nonlactational infections
Non-lactating breast infections are not frequent in medical entity occurring in women with absolute underlying predisposing condition. The arrangements of micro-organisms are different from those appearing in lactating women. The treatment of this infection is usually done through antibiotics and drainage either aspiration or classical incision.
- Inflammatory breast cancer
Inflammatory breast cancer is a type of breast cancer that grows rapidly by making the affected breast red, swollen and tender. This occurs when the cancer cells block the lymphatic blood vessels in skin covering the breast making them to appear with red and swollen characteristics.
It is usually spread from point of origin to other parts of the tissues especially lymph nodes. It is also, often produces no distinct tumor or lumps that can be felt and isolated within the breast. The symptoms include:
- persistent itching,
- appearance of a rash or small irritation
- The breast finally becomes red, swollen, and warm.
IBC can easily be confused with other infections, therefore an individual is required to seek for medical attention as early as possible since the disease is aggressive and spread rapidly.
- Mammary duct ectasia
It is a condition whereby the ducts transporting the milk are obstructed. It happens when the wall of the lactiferous ducts become fatter than normal and the ducts become swollen since they are filled with fluid.
The condition usually occurs as a woman grows older and ii is not only linked to pregnancy or breastfeeding but often asymptomatic .If inflammation does not set in at once, it becomes the inflammatory variation then breast symptoms red spot on breast become prominent.
This is an inflammation on the breast tissues as a result of an infection and is most commonly found in breastfeeding women. It is also caused by a build-up of milk within the breast and this build up is called milk stasis.
Mastitis occurs due to the following reasons:
- A new born not properly attaching to the breast during feeding
- A new born having problems sucking
- Infrequent feeds or missing feeds
The breast becomes swollen, red, hot to the touch and painful. It results into cracking of the nipples where the bacteria enter the underlying tissues to cause the infection.it has the following symptoms:
- discomfort wearing a bra without pain (early stages)
- Breast pain and tenderness
- Redness and swelling
- general feeling of being unwell
Sometimes mastitis can make the mother to wean her baby even before she intends to do so but she can continue to breast-feed while taking an antibiotic for the mastitis.
- Nipple dermatitis
This refers to irritation and burning of the skin of the nipples.it occurs due to the following; atopic dermatitis, irritant contact dermatitis or allergic contact dermatitis. Nipple dermatitis has the following symptoms:
- Redness on the nipple
- Tenderness when touched
- Drying and cracking
- Swelling of the breast
- Sometimes oozing like pus or viscous fluid
- Nipple piercings
This refers to artistic of the breast through making tattoos on the skin of the breast or piercing the nipple to put a ring. Nipple piercing takes longer to heal than any other part of the body and if not taken care of it, will lead to development of nipple infection especially those women who pierce their nipple during menstruation since they do experience tenderness and swollen breast.
Women, who are also pregnant, are not encouraged to pierce their nipples since during breastfeeding it will be tough and painful due to frequent irritation of fistulas leading to development of red spot on breast. Continued traumatizing of pierced nipple could tear the fistulas causing bleeding and making the breast prone to infections.
Also, those individuals who take alcohol, smoke, take aspirin, consume excessive caffeine once they have pierced their nipples are susceptible to poor clotting process leading to continuous bleeding making the nipple to be prone to infections.Again,exposed pierce nipple to communal water lead to risk of developing nipple infections or even soaking it to harsh cleaners such as soap.
- Paget’s disease of the breast
It is a breast cancer disease that presents with superficial lesions and it starts from the nipple then spreads aggressively to the areola part of the breast. This type of rare cancer can also invade the milk duct and it majorly attacks women of age 50 years where areola is present.
There is theory that the cells in the nipple or areola develop Paget’s disease by becoming cancerous on their own without developing tumors inside the breast. Also, the cancer cells travel through the milk duct to nipple and areola leading to red spot on the breast.
- It has the following symptoms when it occurs on the breast:
- Oozing discharge which may be bloody pus.
- Itching, burning or inflammatory.
- Breast skin redness with a lump in the breast.
- Deformed nipple.
- Scaly skin that is thick on the breast.
- Flatten nipple.
Paget’s disease of the breast should be treated carefully since it usually confuses with benign skin diseases since this type of cancer is rare.
- Radiation dermatitis
It leads to development of ductal carcinoma, tumors and lesions which makes the upper quadrant of the right breast to become swollen and red causing a lot of discomfort through itching. Continuous application of aluminum based deodorant and any other skin care products promote radiation dermatitis.
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema)
It is a type of skin infection that is not itchy when it covers a smaller area but when it occupies a larger area it is itchy especially around the breast due to lack of ability to moisturizes itself.it is a chronic disease that makes the skin to become red and itchy or inflammatory due to skin reactions from skin care products.
- Cellulitis (a skin infection)
It is a burning condition caused by Staphylococcus aureus infection affecting the subcutaneous layer of the skin on the breast. Dry and scaly skin can lead to micro abrasions of the skin which may act as an entry point of micro bacteria causing the infection of red spot on breast. Cellulitis can be transferred from environment, untreated water and fomite objects and apart from the body, it affect other parts of the body.
- Seborrheic dermatitis
It is a chronic condition characterized by inflammatory skin condition which tends to occur on oily skin especially around the chest.it occurs as a result of abnormal immune response with the yeast that dwells on the skin surface of the breast resulting to yellow crusting that flakes off to reveal underlying redness of the breast skin.
It is non-contagious but chronic disorder that is characterized by inflammation and it affects various parts of the body especially the breast skin. Psoriasis is a genetic condition that runs from one generation to another and it is said to be incurable since it is associated with overgrowth of skin without rapid shedding thus resulting to build up of skin cells that majorly contain dead cells that provide a conducive atmosphere for growth of fungus.
Psoriasis is also said to be an autoimmune disease since Immune cells concentrate in the skin (dermis and epidermis) where it articulates proliferation of the keratinocyctes (the outer skin cells). Immune process in the skin articulates inflammation which presents as redness, itching and swelling of the skin resulting to psoriasis. The following are factors that contribute to psoriasis:
This refers to traumatic injury, physical and psychological stress, stress, excessive intake of alcohol and certain drugs that trigger the onset of the disease especially to those individuals who have inherited from their family.
This refers to situation where an individual inherit certain genes that combine with HLA antigens that are associated with the condition of Psoriasis.
The following are conditions that trigger Psoriasis:
- Cold weather
- Hypertensive to certain medications
- Obesity and excessive consumption of alcohol
- Psychological stress
The following are the various classes of psoriasis:
- Plaque psoriasis
It is also known as psoriasis vulgaris and it is characterized with redness, silvery-white flakes of skin surface.
- Guttate psoriasis
It is a lesion that occurs as a small red spot on breast and it is more common during childhood or adulthood.
- Inverse psoriasis
It occurs as bright red botches on the skin majorly in armpits, breasts (women), buttocks and groin.it tends to spread as a result of irritation from sweating, rubbing and scratching at these sites.
- Pustular psoriasis
It is characterized by tiny blisters and continuous scaling of the skin.it is further divided into:
- Palmoplantar psoriasis
It occurs majorly between the figures and soles of the feet.
- Von Zumbusch pustular psoriasis
It recurs due to occurrence of pustules which reddened the skin then dry and finally peel away.
It occurs mainly at the fingertips and tips of the toes resulting to deformed nails.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis
It occurs on a large surface area of the skin and it is characterized by intense inflammation where the skin is red hue and it sheds off in form of sheet.it is also a condition accompanied with changes in heart rate with body temperature.
Therefore, psoriasis has the following symptoms and signs:
- Itching and severe pain
- Dry silvery-white scales
- Scaling, flaking, shedding of skin
- Redness of the skin
- Pustules development at times
It is itching condition of the skin as a result of Sarcoptes scabiei which leads to intense itching in the area of burrows.it is a contagious disease hence can spread through close contact with infected individuals. Scabies has the following symptoms and signs:
- Skin rash that leads development of small red bumps and blisters.
- Severe itching with tiny red burrows on the skin
The majorly attack the following sites among adults and teens:
- Around breasts
- Around the male genital area
- Along wrists.
- Insect Bites and Stings
Insect bites or stings are usually associated with development of small red lumps accompanied with itching and pain.
This is a condition that is itchy rash of red bumps and it can occur anywhere on the body such that it can either be chronic or acute. This condition is triggered by the following:
- Medication such as aspirin
- Environmental allergies such as insect bites
- Physical exposure to heat or high temperatures
Symptoms of Red Spot on Breast
The following are the ways to detect early symptoms of red spot on breast:
- Breast lumps or thickening
Women are encouraged to examine their breast twice every month to check there are changes by running their hand over their breast to check any presence of growth of tumor. They should make a routine especially before they experience menstruation cycle while those who have reached menopause should identify an appropriate time to do so.
- Nipple discharge
If a lady experiences unusual discharge either clear or bloody is encouraged to see a doctor since these are symptoms of breast cancer.
- Changes in the size and shape of the breast
If the breast undergoes changes in size or shape at different times of the month apart from during menstruation period, it is a clear symptom of breast cancer and an individual is therefore required to seek for medication.
- Inverted nipple
In case the nipple changes in its appearance from its normal state, a lady should not ignore this but instead visit a doctor to check on this.
- Peeling, scaling, or flaking skin
Don’t ignore in case you notice shedding of skin around the breast or on the nipple forming a red spot on breast instead visit a specialist to conduct tests for cancer and any other diseases.
- Skin rash on the breasts
This condition in most cases is not associated with breast cancer but in case it is inflammatory then making the breast swollen, warm and red in appearance.
- Pitting breast skin
In case there is appearance of dimples on breast skin, which then becomes orange in appearance by peeling due to inflammation thus it is a clear indication to seek for medication.
- The takeaway
Women are encouraged to be sensitive to detect any changes in advance and seek for treatment by:
- Adapt a culture of conducting self-breast examinations.
- Seeking medical advice if you notice any changes in your breasts.
- Going for regular mammograms
What does Small red Spot on Breast mean
The following are ways to detect presences of breast cancer:
- Sore, red and itchy nipples
Recent symptoms of IBC is reddening of the breast and its skin being scaly with appearance of small red dimples on the breast.it makes the breast skin to be itchy and pain when touched besides being swollen with purple bruises.
- Upper back of the shoulder pain
This is the earliest symptom experienced by a woman who have developed tumor due to it lying in the glandular tissue near the breast which grows and exert pressure on the spine resulting to inflammation around the breast.
- Change in nipple appearance and size
The growth of tumor can result to tremendous changes in the nipple appearance and size indicating the presence of cancer since they become visibly shrunk or lack sensitivity.
- Breast size changes
In case there is a tremendous changes in the size of breast resulting to visible swelling or loosening can be a clear indication and therefore an individual is encouraged to seek medical advice.
- Pain or lumps in the armpits
In case there is development of lumps and swelling in the armpit, it is a clear indication of cancer and therefore an individual is encouraged to seek medication advice from a specialist.
Why you have Brown Spot on your Breast
This occurs due to the following reasons:
- Previous position of areola
The brown spots extending from areola to the crease may be as result of pigment left over from the previous position of areola and can be eliminated by cutting out the spots. The spots can be a pigment reaction to scarring and this can also be treated with bleaching cream & laser or an individual is required to seek medical attention to a specialist to evaluate these and seek for more explanations on the treatment options.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
The peri-scar hyperpigmentation condition occurs during healing process phase of a scar wherein the inflammatory healing cells stimulate pigment deposition and this process can be reduced by the judicious use of skin lightening agents postoperatively.
- Resolution of bruising
Brown spots on breast could be from the dissolving sutures or from the resolution of bruising when women who are fond of brushing their hair naked may brush their breast accidentally making it develop scars that are brown when they are in healing process.
Reasons for Pink Spot on Breast
This is caused by the following conditions:
- Inflammatory breast cancer is characterized by pink color of nipples during the first week of its development leading to formation of red spot on breast and around the nipples.
- Breast rashes caused by fungal infection especially during breastfeeding that result from entrance of yeast from the crack part of the skin on the breast that make the skin to be itchy and rough to touch.
- Allergic substances refers to those inflammation of the skin that arises from exposure of these substances which make the breast skin to be dry,redness,swelling and scaling off.
- The pink spot on breast can also appear during the first 26 weeks of pregnancy and therefore, an individual is expected to visit a specialist to undergo ultra sound.
- Flaking skin should not be ignored in case you notice shedding of skin around the breast or on the nipple forming a pink spot on breast instead visit a specialist to conduct tests for cancer and any other diseases.
What about those Dark Spot on Breast?
The following are the causes of dark spots on the breast:
- Acanthosis Nigricans
It is a skin disorder usually associated with pre-diabetes and should be treated to reduce the level of insulin.it can also be as a result of stomach cancer, certain medications and inheritance of faulty genes that facilitate growth of dark spots on breast. Individuals with these characteristics should seek for medication from specialists.
It is a situation that usually occurs on pregnant women since the level of oestrogen and progestrogen rises up and triggers melanocyte cells to produce more melanin causing the dark spots to appear on the breast. Therefore, women who are pregnant are encouraged to be on sun for long hours or they can use OTC cream to treat the affect area.
- Tinea Versicolor
It occurs as a result of multiplication of Malassezia Pityrosporum germ found on human skin especially during hot and humid condition where they do so abnormally by spreading on the body they cause dark patches around the abdomen or on breast. The following is the way to seek treatment:
- Topical Antifungals
Antifungal medicine should be prescribed by a specialists for dark and red spot on breast removal and this form of cure is recommended after a severe or large area is affected.
An individual may also use shampoo that contains the Ketoconazole to destroy the germs that cause the spots or prepare a dilute Selenium sulphide shampoo for daily washing:
Measure equal amounts of the shampoo and water to apply the affected area. Do rinsing after 10 minutes.
- Dark Spots on Neck after Shaving
This condition is usually common to men who usually have hairs on their chest and the reason for their formation is usually due to after poor shaving methods that lead to in growing of hairs. Large numbers of bacteria are attracted in the hair follicle leading to growth of bumps and thereafter, the bumps get off with time, small dark spots starts form.
Certain type of the non-prescription creams which contain glycolic, salicylic, and lactic or malic acids are what are needed to clear and remove dead cells. Again, apply corticosteroid creams to reduce inflammation then wipe with quality moisturizer after shaving.
It is as a result of extra skin color pigmentation that is caused by the following:
- Age Spots
Dark spots on breast are caused by age spots which are flat dark botches or dark spots on chest and back caused by excess melanin. The main contributor that enhance formation for the dark patches is the UVR rays from the sun worsens that the appearance of the botches to become darker.
Age spots tend to grow individuals as they grow older in life and therefore, age is the main factor for dark spots on breast.
- Acne Scars
Dark spots on breast from acne can appear on the chest after acne especially severe acne as result hair follicle clogging and this is one of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation that occurs if acne is not treated in time.
Injury due to chest wall reconstruction and sternal resection surgery among other physical possible ways of causing damage to the chest can result to dark spots on the breast not only on women but also on men. Also, due to direct sun exposure for longer time may trigger the melanin producing cells to react by releasing more melanin pigment in larger concentrations to help filter UVR light and thus become darkened spots on chest.
- Seborrhoeic Keratosis
The dark spots on breast and chest may be a result of Seborrhoeic keratosis, which causes skin blemishes with warts of which they are more common in older people.
A common contributing factor for both dark spots on chest and back include Tinea Versicolor which occasionally tends to lie more on the upper chest. In addition, acne will move across from the chest area up to the shoulders leading to dark spots on breast/ torso/body trunk including the back if you recently healed from acne problem.
How to Get Rid of Dark Spots on Breast
An individual with the problem don’t feel shy, here are the solution for your problem:
Apply Retinoids cream that contain vitaminB5 or serum solutions found in retinol to assist in removal of dark spots on breast.
- Benzoyl Peroxide
it is a cream that assist in fighting the bacteria that cause acne and also, take off dead cells of the epidermis hence removing the dark spots and other black spots around the chest area.
- Mandelic Acid
Apply a cream that is from a reputable manufacturer and should contain mandelic acid before taking a shower.
Seek medical advice from a dermatologist if the dark spots on the breast are suspected to a malignant mole then remove rather than undergoing surgery that could leave bad scars.
- Laser Therapy
This is procedural treatments that require an individual to attend several sessions in order to kill all cells that lead to growth of dark spots.
This is a minor surgery to help to get off dark spots on the breasts after seeking advice from a dermatologist.
- Manual Exfoliation or Microdermabrasion
A manual exfoliator that contain low concentrations of salicylic acid is required since it is considered to be good for the thin layer to get rid of the dark spots on breasts by removing acne scars and also, to ensure that you do gentle scrubbing to exfoliate the dead cells causing black spot on breasts.
This liquid nitrogen that helps to kill age spots on breasts by applying of each spot daily.
Red Spot on Breast that Looks like Bug Bite
These refer to bites that transmitted diseases making the breast skin itchy leading to red spot on breast as shown:
- Deer ticks that attach to someone skin especially can bite transmitting lyme disease making the skin itchy leading to development of red spot on breast. These ticks behave like that of spiders, bees and lice thus making them dangerous to our health also, therefore in case of numerous bites, we should seek for medical advice.Also,tick bites can lead to allergies on skin leading to growth of rashes that are itchy and makes the skin to have red spots.
- Eczema which is a skin inflammation and irritation makes the skin dry, rough and usually red.Eczema is sometimes used describe a number of skin rashes affecting children due to immune mediated hypersensitive.
- Breast fungus is one of common fungal infection that arises in women with larger boobs which involves outermost skin of the breast skin leading to development of rashes caused by growth of yeast.
- Cellulitis condition caused by Staphylococcus aureus infection affecting the subcutaneous layer of the skin on the breast. Dry and scaly skin can lead to micro abrasions of the skin which may act as an entry point of micro bacteria causing the infection of red spot on breast.
- Radiation dermatitis leads to development of ductal carcinoma, tumors and lesions which makes the upper quadrant of the right breast to become swollen and red causing a lot of discomfort through itching. Continuous application of aluminum based deodorant and any other skin care products promote radiation dermatitis.
- Irritants or allergic substances refers to those inflammation of the skin that arises from exposure of these substances which make the breast skin to be dry,redness,swelling and scaling off.
Red Spot on Breast no Pain
The following are some of the situation that can confuse someone to symptoms of cancer when it is not the case:
After two weeks menstruation, there will be pain on the breast that is triggered by interplay of caffeine, stress hormones and reproductive hormones that also make the breast to be itchy leading to formation of red spot on breast.
It is treated with ibuprofen and some women sleeping offer a relief.
- Benign breast cyst
Cyst may grow in large sizes but benign breast cyst has smooth and regular appearance with itchy feeling resulting to red spot on breast that has no pain since they dry off quickly.
- Breast rashes
This isn’t a worry anymore, most women when they experience itchy skin on the breast thinks it is a symptom of IBC but it is not since they last for two days causing red spot on breast and if they last for two weeks, seek medical advice.
- Strange discharge
This a thick, sticky and gray to green in color such that when it lands on breasts’ skin causes irritation that causes itchiness that triggers development of red spot on breast.
- Wonky mammogram result
Due to increase in age or dense breast that may require redo may make an individual frightened and good news are, the individual should undergo an ultrasound to check if it is cancerous.
- Bleeding from the nipple
Development of warts-like structures near the nipple may cause bleeding since they become too itchy. If cancer cells are present can be removed through surgery by a specialist after undergoing ultra sound.
- Red breast
This can be as a result of mastitis during breastfeeding such that bacteria enters the crack on the skin causing infection and once an examination is done by doctor then rules out cancer complication.
How to Get Rid of Red Spots on skin – Home Remedies
The following are ways on to how we can get rid of red spot on breast and skin:
- Lemon Juice
Apply lemon juice directly to the affected areas and leave for about 30 minutes due to its property of bleaching, it can assist get rid of red spots on the skin and maintain soft, clear and pretty skin
To get rid of red spots, an individual is encouraged to apply buttermilk to the affected areas and wait for few minutes twice daily. Since the buttermilk contain lactic acid which assist to exfoliate the skin to remove the red spots without drying out the skin.
- Castor Oil
Apply the castor oil around the affected area twice per day by use of cotton wool due the healing feature of castor oil, it assist to get rid of this red spots on the skin.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an efficient way to get rid of number of skin problems such as red spot on breast and other spots on skin. This is done by following the procedure below:
- Dilute apple cider with same amount of water then add honey finally apply the solution on the red spots on the skin and washed it off with clean water daily until a positive result is achieved.
- On the other hand, half teaspoon of apple cider is mixed with a few tablespoons of orange juice then applies the solution on the affected area and wait it dries off then wash with clean water daily until the skin again its normal appearance.
- Aloe Vera
Due to the healing properties of aloe vera gel, the following steps are important to follow when using the plant to heal the red spots on the skin:
- Gently rub fresh aloe vera gel on the spots the leave it on for about 45 minutes before washing the affected area with clean cold water twice daily until a positive result is achieved.
- Alternatively, buy aloe vera juice the supermarket and follow the above steps.
This is anti- aging agent and an antiseptic that assists to decrease hyperpigmentation thus getting rid of red spots on the skin.it is prepared using the following ways:
- By making homemade pack with one tablespoon of sandalwood powder, one teaspoons of rose water and half teaspoon each of glycerin and lemon juice then apply the pack on the affected area and allow it to dry slowly finally use clean cold water to wash it off. Repeat a few times a week until the red spots on the skin disappear.
- Alternatively, mix one tablespoon of orange juice, one teaspoon of lemon juice and the contents of two vitamin E capsules in two tablespoons of sandalwood powder then apply on the affected area for a number of times until it shows a positive improvement.
- Massage the red spots area on the skin using a few drops of sandalwood oil mixed in one tablespoon of olive oil every day before bed time until all the red spots disappear completely.
- Cold Compress
To avoid itching that may result to red spot on breast or the skin, an individual is encouraged to apply cold compress to ease body inflammation especially on the affected areas as follows:
- Put some ice in a thin cotton wool towel and rub it over the affected area several times then take a break and finally repeat again.
- Alternatively, apply a skim-milk and cold-water compress using equal amount of both the ingredients to relieve itching and decrease swelling.
- Again, take a shower of clean cold water and it will assist close the skin pores hence reducing sweating and the appearance of the red spots on the skin.
Sometimes, the chemical residue available in the clothes can cause red spots on the skin, therefore, Vinegar can assist solve this problem by:
- Mixing one and half cup of white vinegar in half a bucket of hot clean water then wash all the clothes and dry them directly on sunlight.
- Alternatively, apply apple cider vinegar on the itchy skin then wash the affected area with mild soapy water and finally rinse it with clean cold water then let it to dry.repeat the procedure a number of times daily until an improvement is shown in case it causes a discomfort then stop.
It is highly efficient for stopping the itching and burning sensations associated with red spots on skin. It assists keeping the skin dry and In case of fungal rash use talc as fungi feed on cornstarch.
Use the following steps when treating a red spots on the skin:
- Clean the affected skin with mild soap and clean water, and then pat dry with a clean towel.
- When the affected area is completely dry, lightly dust cornstarch over it.
- Follow the above steps at least twice daily until you completely get rid of the problem.
- Coconut Oil
It is loaded with good fats that provides energy to fight mycobacterial in the body and helps to eliminate many toxic substances found in drugstore.it is also able to penetrate in our deeper skin to bond with proteins hence making our skin smoother when touched.
- Causes of Dark Spots Developing on the Chest & Torso:http://www.livestrong.com/article/239567-causes-of-dark-spots-developing-on-the-chest-torso/
- How to Get Rid of Chest Acne: http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Chest-Acne
- Age Spots (Liver Spots): http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/age-spots/basics/treatment/con-20030473