Body heat may be produced because of variety of factors among which the environmental heat that usually surrounds the body plays a crucial role. The body can always get heat up during the summer season that is when the body is mostly exposed to the scorching sun rays.
Another factor of heating up of body is the food you may be consuming. The spicy foods including alcohol, caffeine are some of the component that you must avoid as they are foods that can heat up the body internally.
Some illness and drugs are also responsible for the increased heat inside the body. But, today you can obtain some effective ways that are able to easily control heat inside the body. Some natural herbs as well as home remedies play a crucial role in the process.
The normal body temperature of a human is supposed to be 36.9o C, with small variations that are acceptable. No matter what the external weather conditions are like, the internal body temperature should always be maintained for the regular functioning of the body.
How to reduce body heat: Body heat, also called the heat stress, is a very common health problem that is caused by exposure to high temperatures. It happens when the body is not able to cool itself much enough to keep its temperature within the normal range of 36.5–37.5 degrees Celsius 97.7–99.5 degrees Fahrenheit. The body normally then cools off by sweating, but at times sweating is not enogh and the temperature may keep rising.
Factors like the hot and humid weather, spending a lot of time in the sun, wearing tight clothing, strenuous workouts as well as physical exercise and even certain medical conditions can lead to or worsen the problem.
It leads to generalized weakness and then lethargy, headache, muscle cramps, excessive sweating and a rapid heartbeat. Plus, it is normally accompanied by dehydration.
There are many easy yet very effective methods that are able to address this problem. Plus, it is also recommended to move to a shady or an air-conditioned area and get rid of tight clothing. Sponging using cold water will also be much beneficial.
Body heat is not a disease but it should not be taken very lightly. If left untreated, it could possibly develop into a heatstroke. Anyone is able to suffer from heat stress, but mostly people over 65, babies and very young children, pregnant as well as nursing mothers, and people who are physically unwell are at a more risk.
Reasons for body heat
- Wearing of tight or even artificial clothing can trap water and thus produce ineffective decrease in heat
- Illnesses for instance fever as well as infections
- An increased activity on the thyroid gland that raises the metabolic activity of the body processes and leads to production of excess heat
- Strenuous workout or even physical exercise
- Medical conditions for instance seizures and muscular disabilities
- Certain drugs or even stimulants for instance amphetamines, cocaine and so on
- Neurological disorders might bring about excessive body heat even when sleeping
- Others factors that might result in increasing body heat are psoriasis, systemic sclerosis, cystic fibrosis, as well as eczema (these diseases might affect the normal process of the sweating).
- Excessive contact with the sun might also result in very high body temperature
How to Reduce Body Heat Immediately
Use Cool Water
Cool water helps reduce body heat. It also helps the body recover quickly from the side effects of high temperature.
- As soon as you notice an increase in the body temperature, take a glass of cool water. Then, sip cool water every 20 minutes. This can help to prevent dehydration, which might worsen the condition.
- Another option is to add a few ice cubes to a foot tub filled with cool water. Immerse the feet in the bucket for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- You may also enjoy a cool bath so as to reduce body heat.
Use Coconut Water
Coconut water is another effective remedy to help treat heat exhaustion. Its electrolyte composition is excellent for rehydrating of the body. Plus, it is loaded with several nutrients that help lift the energy. Drink a glass of tender coconut water a few times daily.
- Get a tender green coconut
- Have its water directly from the coconut (with the assistance of a straw, of course!) or after taking it out in a glass
- If required, have more coconut water after about half an hour or so.
- You can consume water from about 4 coconuts in a single day when you suffer from the body heat. This water is very harmless and is easily digestible.
Regular use of lemon is able to keep the body cool and thus preventing heat-related illnesses. The high vitamin C in the lemon is able to assist lower body temperature. It also hydrates and oxygenates the body so as to keep you feeling energized and refreshed during the hot summer days.
- Squeeze the juice from half lemon into a glass of water.
- Add about 1 teaspoon of honey and a pinch of salt to it.
- Drink about 5 glasses of this refreshing drink a day.
The soothing and cooling properties of sandalwood is able to effectively reduce an increased body temperature.
- Mix about 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder using enough water or even cold milk to make a thick paste. Add a few drops of rose water and use the paste on the forehead and chest. Allow it to dry on its own, then rinse it off using lukewarm water.
- Another option is to use a little sandalwood oil on the forehead and leave it on for a few hours. If you have never used sandalwood oil on the skin, add a few drops of this oil in one teaspoon of coconut oil and then use to avoid skin irritation.
- You may also sprinkle sandalwood powder on the armpits, chest and back after taking a shower to maintain a cooler body temperature.
Peppermint contains a soothing as well as a cooling effect. Thus, it is very effective remedy to assist cool down body heat.
- Simmer a few ounces of the fresh peppermint leaves in a pot of boiling water for about 15 to 20 minutes. Strain out the leaves and then allow the water to cool. Add the peppermint-infused water to a bathtub that is filled with a cool bath water and then soak in it for at least 30 minutes. You can also prepare a peppermint bath by adding of a few drops of peppermint essential oil to cool bath water.
- Steep one teaspoon of fresh or even dried peppermint leaves in a cup of hot water. Strain and then sweeten using a little raw honey. Cool it more in the refrigerator and enjoy the cool peppermint tea a few times a day. In addition to the reduction of the body heat, it will also relieve nausea and headache.
Watermelon helps to quickly reduce the body heat due to its high water content. A potential detoxifier, this fruit assists to get rid of harmful toxins from the body, which might contribute to body heat. Eating watermelon regularly, especially during the summer season, will also assist keep you hydrated.
- Eat a few slices of watermelon, or combine it with some cold milk and sugar to make a refreshing drink.
- You can also mix cubes of watermelon with cucumber and muskmelon. Then drizzle a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar over it to make a healthy salad.
Butter milk; Buttermilk is one of the useful home remedies that is able to reduce body heat, according to studies. It can also be very important for men who have very high metabolism and women who suffer from the hot flashes. In addition, it also gives the body with the much needed vitamins and minerals that are lost during excessive sweating.
- Drink buttermilk with the breakfast in the summer to maintain your body cool throughout the day.
- Another option is to blend together thick yogurt about half a glass, some water about half cup and a pinch of salt. You can drink this homemade buttermilk two times daily.
How to Reduce Body Heat When Sleeping
The normal body temperature of humans is approximately 36 degrees Celsius, with slight variations that are acceptable. The measurement of the internal temperature is maintained irrespective of external weather conditions and is relevant for the normal functioning of the body.
In case, a person’s internal temperature goes too low or rises very high (which can be due to a number of factors), it may lead to damage of the internal organs thus resulting in poor health. The problem of excessive body heat affects both men and women.
It can also result in higher body temperatures during the day as well as during sleep and can lead to a number of unpleasant and worrying symptoms.
How to reduce Body Heat and Pimples
Eat a handful of poppy seeds every day before you go to bed to get good rest and to also maintain normal body temperature during night times. Remember that poppy seeds have opiates and should never be consumed in very large quantity nor should be given to the children. Even this can work as a wonderful tip to reduce body heat.
Since you can get wide number of spices at your home that is constantly used to make one or the other dishes, you can choose Fenugreek seed as one of its remedy. An easy home remedy to relieve body heat will be taking a spoon of Fenugreek seeds and consuming it raw.
If you are looking out for the best food and drinks that is able to control the body heat, a perfect combination of honey as well as the cold milk will be perfect. There is also a specific way to prepare the remedy. All you have to do is to add a tablespoon of honey in the cold milk and have it on a daily basis for fast and very effective results.
Mix sandalwood using water or even cold milk and make it into a fine paste. Use this paste in the forehead and chin. This is a proven technique that is able to reduce excessive body temperature and cool the skin instantly. You can also want to add few drops of rosewater to the paste for attaining better results.
A combination of butter as well as milk works well as on of the tips to control the body heat, food and drinks so as to control the body heat. Add about 2 tablespoons of butter to a glass of milk and have it daily. However, if you’ve very high cholesterol, then you should avoid the remedy
Vegetables that contains a high vitamin C and also fruits like oranges and sweet lemon that have citrus in it, are excellent foods to relieve body temperature. During the summer days when the body gets heat up both from internal and external way, consuming vitamin C rich vegetables work to remove your problem. You can also try out consuming some juices that brings out vitamin C.
How to Reduce Body Heat during Pregnancy
When you suffer from an increased body heat, you can also have such symptoms as weakness, lethargy, dizziness, muscle cramps, excessive sweating and also a rapid heartbeat. Dehydration can be called a cause as well as an outcome of the raised body heat. So, it is always recommended that you drink water in such circumstances.
If you have been in the sun for longer period, move to a shady place or some other place that has lots of cool air and the shade too, like in an air conditioned room. Sponging using cool water is maybe the next thing that should be done so as to get rid of body heat. There are many more remedies that can be done to reduce body heat.
Water reduces heat. In fact, water is the only way that is able to bring down high temperatures. Whatever remedy you are going to apply to reduce body heat, it must include water in some or the other form. But to use water in its pure form;
- As soon as you realize that the temperature of the body has gone high to an abnormal level, grab a glass full of cool water and then drink it. If that doesn’t quench the thirst, have one more glass of water.
- Now take a foot bath and then fill it with water till it is halfway. Add some ice cubes to the water. Soak your feet in this tub and relax.
- Keep on drinking water frequently till your body heat is reduced to normal levels. If you cannot have so much of the plain water, have some substitute like the ones that have been given in the below remedies to reduce body heat.
Many studies have indicated that vitamin C or ascorbic acid helps human body respond to heat stress positively. It not only reduces the likelihood of developing the heat-related illnesses such as the heat rash and heat exhaustion, but is also able to treat heat rash that is already present on the body.
When you take proper amounts of vitamin C daily, then you are able to shorten the length of time that is taken by the body so as to adjust to a new hotter environment. This can be due to the reason that vitamin C assists sweat glands not to get tired very soon. It has also been indicated to lower body temperature effectively. What else than lemon can be the best source of having vitamin C, especially when you need to lower down the body heat.
How to Reduce Body Heat for Kids
Dehydration: take a boiled, cooled water in a clean spoon a couple of times in between the feed. The “no water needed for breastfed babies” rule do not apply in the extreme summer months. That is said as in some countries the quality of water is suspect and thus it is safer to stick to the breast milk for infants in such cases.
Exposure to sun: Since it is not advisable to apply sunscreen lotions on babies skin below 6 months, do make sure that you do not go out at hotter times of the day. At other times, make use of umbrellas, hats and such like to shade the baby from the sun. Dress the baby in light cotton clothes too.
How to reduce body heat with castor oil; Castor oil is a very good coolant. About 3 drops have to be used on the head in the morning. If you have missed it in the morning then use about 2-3 drops to be rubbed on the sole of the feet before going to sleep. This works very well in the children
Tender coconut also tends to cool the body.
Drinking enough quantity of tender coconut is able to cool the body. Nature provides that in large amounts especially during summer.
Sesame oil is another coolant. Massaging about 2-3 tablespoons of sesame oil on the head and even having hot water head bath is also another way of cooling the body.